Agnostic.com

6 1

What Do I Do About These Frigging Centipedes???

Not the video game.

It's spring again, and along with the warm wet weather comes an invasion of hairy-legged, repulsive, elusive, slithering, segmented arthropods... yes, centipedes. And I don't want the little bastards in here.

I know someone is going to tell me all the wonderful things they do, like eating other tiny insects. And I don't care. Save that nature-loving stuff for nature. Nature can stay outside. This is natural selection. If they come in here, they've selected death.

Trouble is, the little rat bastards make it to the baseboard half the time and I don't know where they get to after that. So I need to know if anyone makes centipede hotels or centipede bait or anything like that. Because I'm sick of them.

There went another one... unless it was the first one, again...

Paul4747 8 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There used to be a borax based powder you could find in hardware stores. I'm pretty sure it was called Roach Proof or something similar. It kills lots of different bugs though and you can get it down into the cracks.

there must be a repellent / killer you could use

Got bitten on the ankle by an outdoor one, and it hurt like Hell. Knew someone who went to drink their coffee and got bitten on the lip - ultra swollen, and painful. Exterminate. Exterminate. Exterminate. (Say this like Dalexs)

I had to get Orkin, sadly, but when I came in the bathroom at 3am & a Huge one was on the toilet seat, that was It for me....
My Orkin guy tells me they live in leaf litter outside, come in for water.....

Well, personally I'd burn the house to the ground and then drop several nuclear bombs on it to make sure nothing at all could live there forever before I moved to a different country - or ideally, planet - where there are no centipedes.

I really don't like centipedes.

Jnei Level 8 May 25, 2019

Move to a higher floor! That's my only answer. I live on the 2nd floor and never see centipedes in my apartment, but I sure did when I lived on ground floor and the basement... Can not kill the buggers, no matter how hard to smack em with a slipper, they keep wiggling, even when they're cut in half.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:351864
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.