Agnostic.com

19 15

What thoughtful gift touched your heart?

Today Bill brought me a dozen roses. He handed them to me as he stepped out of his plane. After trimming the stems under running water, the roses perked up.

"You are the girl of my dreams," Bill said.

In between bedroom romps, Bill loved listening to me play flute. We watched a short, sweet video of me giving my daughter Claire a bath when she was three months old in 1990.

"I can see your personality; it hasn't changed," Bill said. "You were calm, loving and caring with baby Claire. Normally, I would consider it weird to watch a home movie in between sex. But this fit right in."

"It was a magic day," he texted when he got home.

LiterateHiker 9 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wonderful story!
Recently a lover brought me herbal bath bombs. He knew I love hot baths...the bombs are lovely.

For mother's day a "situationship" wished me happy mother's day & left a battery tester from harbor freight on my porch.
😂
This one seems to want the arrangement in amber though.
Still a free agent.

Congrats on this new chapter Kathleen. it was only a matter of time. 🙂

I haven’t had my heart (or anything else) touched in too long. Glad someone’s gettin some! 😄

Congratulations, lucky lady! 😁

Beautiful. Enjoy this feeling ❤

Neenz Level 7 May 28, 2019

I'll never forget the day I turned 50. My favorite soccer team, the Montreal Impact in the Major League Soccer, played a game on that day, and my girlfriend, my family and friends gave me a surprise party in a private suite at Saputo stadium. We watched the game, enjoyed drinks and snacks. I loved every moments of it.

Bradshaw’s Guide to the Railways. A short commentary of all the towns and stations that the trains stopped at in Britain, Mid C19th. Also doubles as a travel book of the time. Brilliant content.

A washer and dryer.

food, when my mother was alive I would ask for date bread or tuna caserole (sp).

oh yea, and hot monkey sex too, from my girlfriend, not my mother

Well Done Bill!!!!

Beautiful.so happpy for you Literatehiker

My lady love (I might as well say so, it's love on the second date) gave me her crying pillow because, she said, she won't need it any more. It smells like her skin. I love it. I can hold it when I miss her.

I gave her the shirt off my back, because she loves my scent. She texted me a picture last night of her wearing it. So gorgeous. She makes it look better than I ever could. 😉 It was a perfect weekend except that it had to end.

When I turned 50, my family had a small party for me. I requested no gifts, but my family never listens. While I was touched by their gestures, the gift that really touched me the most was from my mom. .

She made me 50 origami cranes from dollar bills...each one was carefully folded and so precise...

She was 75 years old herself and had severe arthritis in her hands so the gift was even more meaningful..

I saved one and then over the year, used them just as they were for tips to favorite wait people in my area. They were welcomed with delight, so she, in effect, also touched the lives of those people...

That is a touching story Warm Hugs

When my mother told me "I'm proud of you" before she passed away last September. Never expected anything like that from her. No material gift could ever compare.

@Deiter It's so different when it comes from the heart than when it's just said because someone thinks they should say it. You just know it when you hear it.

I got a beautiful bouquet of Yellow Roses sent to me about six or seven months ago...with a note that said “Just to let you know that I’m thinking about you. Much love, Elizabeth.” I have more than one friend called Elizabeth, but they are either known as Liz or Libby, and when I phoned them...it wasn’t them. I puzzled all day, and then I remembered a fellow volunteer at the Foodbank whom I’d had a conversation with, when she asked me why I looked so sad. I explained that my son was causing me great concern, that I was worried his mental health problems had not been correctly diagnosed and how powerless I felt to help him. She sent the roses to me a few days later. Sadly my son took his own life shortly afterwards, and that same lady, Elizabeth was once again kindness itself. I just have to say that she is a devout Christian, she knows that I’m atheist, but we are now very firm friends....she never once mentioned god or wanting to pray for me. I think that is a true and pure form of friendship and love, and I can say it truly did touch my heart.

I have been a Christmas Santa a few times. One year a little boy gave me a little wooden box with a penny in it to help me buy the presents for everyone.

I still have it, of course.

Who’s baby is that?

@Jolanta

Sorry, I should have been clear. It's my daughter Claire.

@LiterateHiker So this was long time ago?

@Jolanta

Claire was born in March 1990 when I was 36. The video of me giving Claire a bath was taken when she was three months old. At 29, Claire is now happily married.

awesome!! yall look happy there.

Absolutely lucky to have them

bobwjr Level 10 May 28, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:353188
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.