Agnostic.com

5 0

LINK Poll: 12 percent of Americans support new laws promoting Bible in public schools | TheHill

FTA: In a Hill-HarrisX survey released Friday, just 12 percent of Americans supported the idea of offering classes in Bible history that do not also teach about other religious books or atheist literature.

A third of respondents, 33 percent, said states should require schools to offer new history classes on all major religions, with a little over half of that group β€” 17 percent of the total sample β€” saying the class topics should also include the history of atheism.

Nineteen percent of survey participants said schools should not be allowed to teach students about any religious books, while 18 percent said that schools should be able to determine what courses to make available about religion or atheism.

zblaze 7 May 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

12% of Americans scream about the 2nd amendment and don’t know the 1st one πŸ™„

I plead the fifth on Fairytales.
You know that religious dominant countries make up 90% of the world wars. All we need is an over emotional crazed born again boy using a gun from his locker. To shoot some other demon or satan boy because he refuses to be saved.

I so want to teach one of those classes!

I go with the highest survey. Teach no Religion in school. This is a personal choice.
:We don't talk about the fight club in school:

Cool! only 12%!

I vote for Physics from 3rd grade on.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:353842
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.