Agnostic.com

15 2

From what/where do you get your motivation?

I have Rosetta Stone for Spanish, and I'm having trouble making the time to work on it, I always seem to be distracted by something else...any advice

MommaKrys 4 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have never had a problem, maybe a day here or there, and I enjoy them, but I am always onto/into something, life is just so busy.

The only real power we can derive is in the question, " why?" Why do you want to learn Spanish? Answer this question honestly and you'll find your motivation. Or you'll discover that you really don't want to learn Spanish . Choice is your's.

Need to get me some of that motivation

Maybe it doesn't interest you at this time.

The balance of the universe.

From a desire to delay my demise as long as possible? And, from Agnostics.com.

Either you don't really want to do it, or you you are afraid that you may not succeed if you try. If it really matters to you, you will do it.

Not much, motivation is hard. I'm just hopeful that I can possibly make this world a better one before I die. Other than that life in general seems like weighing the ups and downs of existing and not existing.

Inner self, I just love discovering what I can do when I cease to doubt my abilities. Argue for your limitations and you shall own them, Richard Bach

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 11, 2018

Step back and leave it completly and come back to it.

My motivation is largely inspired by a desire to achieve a measurable outcome. This is not entirely affective as I usually find another goal that supersedes my original project goal so I wind up with a variety of ongoing projects. When I finish one goal, I usually initiate another project so there is a constant pile of projects (distractions) to work on. I am most effective at accomplishing goals when I prioritize them as most desirable outcome.

Weed. I'm not even joking. It motivates me like nothing else.

I'm motivated by fear of failure. I need to actually have a stake in what I'm doing. There needs to be consequences of failure. Very often, these consequences need to be direct. Couple of years ago, back in school, encouraging me to try my best had very little impact. Threatening me with penalties got me going.

Set a time to use it and stick to it. Write yourself a note as to why you started this project and tape it where you cannot miss it. It must become a priority or send me the package and I will use it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35440
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.