Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK The Great Agnostic "Col. Robert G. Ingersoll" (1833-1899)

How many of you all are familiar with the work of Robert Green Ingersoll? Over the past years, Volumes 1 & 2 of his lectures have been my favorite. If you have not read all his materials, buckle up and listen to the audiobooks. You are in for a treat.

yaway 6 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have listened to his audiobooks. Quite entertaining. The cause of the cause.

Grecio Level 7 July 21, 2019

the last thing i need is someone who's been dead for 120 yrs to convince me that there is no god.

Matt Dillahunty has mentioned reading Ingersoll as instrumental in his move to atheism. Reading Ingersoll has been on my list for a while, but I think I have 3 credits on audible, so...

I listen all the time. Really enjoy but I keep all my credits used up. All non-fiction. Go figure.

I am an admirer of both Robert Ingersoll and Bertrand Russell and read and listen to their thoughts and ideas frequently.

Same here. I would add Thomas Paine and Mark Twain to that list.

@Buxx Indeed.

@jlynn37 Try the Four Horsemen. Sam Harris, Christopher Higgins, Dan Dennett, and Richard Dawkins

Russell is too intellectual for me to understand.

Here's a great book by Susan Jacoby about Ingersoll. I read it when it was first released in 2013.

[amazon.com]

Buxx Level 7 June 1, 2019

Listened to a bit, sounds wonderful. Thanks for the link.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:354978
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.