Agnostic.com

7 0

Tom Petty (R.I.P.)

Anyone have a favorite Tom Petty song?

tiger78 5 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Walls. The Last DJ (that whole album!). The whole Echo album. American Girl. Breakdown. Everything else. 🙂

I miss him. Every time I remember he's not here, it's a punch in the gut. He was so honest, so ready to speak up and stand up. If you haven't seen Runnin' Down A Dream, the documentary about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, you so need to.

Just to name a few... Room at the top, the apartment song, crawling back to you, changed the locks, working on something big. Pretty much anything you don't hear on the radio every day.

I love all of his hits, and pretty much everything off "Full Moon Fever", "Into the Great Wide Open", and "Wildflowers". Off the cuff, though, "Built to Last" and "The Apartment Song" both popped into my mind when I saw this question. Sure am going to miss him!

Zster Level 8 Nov 12, 2017

Last Dance with Mary Jane

Not one I don't like ! Too soon Tom, way too soon ...

The week of his death I heard a live version of My Back Pages with Tom Petty and several other greats. It was fantastic.

Fist I have to say I was still reeling from the Vagas shooting that night when I heard the news that we had lost another great musician.

There are so many great songs of his that I love, but here is one, in particular, that didn't hit the airwaves much from the Hard Promises album.

I confess while I was on YouTube getting that file I hung around and listened to it. 💔

I had forgotten about this jem! Thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3551
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.