Agnostic.com

9 3

QUESTION It's Long Been a Man's World. Can Women Save It? - TheHumanist.com

Ironically, we’ve spent thousands of years negating the role of women, only to realize we’re doomed without their involvement and guidance. If “guidance” sounds preposterous, consider our history and what it portends for the future. We’ve had 8,000 years of male dominance on the planet, with uncountable years of war. Each war introduces new and more lethal weaponry, while male decision-making impulses are still received from tribal era “XY” transmitters. At least eight nations have weapons that can destroy the world. More such nations are on the way. A call for guidance isn’t preposterous; it’s crucial. We need objective collaboration. We need to recognize the vulnerability of solo “XY” and the necessity of “XX” inclusion in intelligent decision making. Male dominance is a failing strategy in the post-medieval world. Our manic, Neolithic stage setting in a modern info-tech world threatens species survival. Reliance on male geopolitical domination represents the species equivalence of murder-suicide.

zblaze 7 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We've done the best we can with the opposition party in charge.

LOL.....Truth

Maybe the question needs clarification? Can Women save it? Women, alone?? Or women in collaboration with men?

If it's women, alone, I think not. They'll follow the same trajectory as men have done. If it's women and men together then we might have a chance. But still, it's being human that's damning us. Think of why communes fail... The same thing is happening with society in general.

From article; We need objective collaboration. We need to recognize the vulnerability of solo “XY” and the necessity of “XX” *inclusion in intelligent decision making.

*Agreed farmboy.

They couldn't do worse

We don't want to save it. We want to change it.

The short answer is, No.
Women have a long history of acting rather like Men (just as War-like and potentially just as stupid and lacking in compassion) when given the power. Not having a penis does not make a good leader.

When she assumed the throne of Great Britain did Queen Victoria say, "My Lord, we must stop oppressing half of the world?" Nope. She said, "Carry on, good chaps." When the powerful put their heel against the necks of the weak, it doesn't matter if the heel is a man's and a woman's. But I am more than willing to let women share the blame as the world goes to shit.

I don't think that is fair. Victoria was hardly more than a child, had no education in world affairs, and pretty much did what her prime minister told her to do. Victoria was just happy to be able to kick her mommy out of her bedroom. She really had no clue how anyone else lived. Ignorant royalty is hardly a good example.

@HippieChick58 She was one of Britain's long-serving monarchs. Did she change over the years? Did she let India go to self-rule. Africa? And what of Cleopatra? Catherine the Great? Margaret Thatcher? The Borgias? Women leaders are no less bloody. They just haven't had enough practice yet. The strong take from the weak. It is as old as mankind. Or womankind.

@Otterpop agreed! It's not an issue of gender.

No they can't save it. If you look at what women will pursue, you'll find it's the same nonsense that us men have pursued. Gender does not immunize people from the folly of humankind. No demographic association immunizes anyone from the folly of humankind.

@OnaM humanity will not survive with human leaders. Wonen are equally as corruptible as men.

@OnaM Women haven't done any better than men when leading countries. They have started wars, suppressed the press, ignored and held down the poor. I do believe we need a balance in our Congress, especially in the House. I believe women could get more done.

If women can wrest power from the current powers, I will suport them.

and I will do what I can to make that happen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.