Agnostic.com

30 0

My desire to travel is kicking in again. I would love to go somewhere by railroad. Suggestions? Thanks

DUCHESSA 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When is southern California or Baja...try these:

[larail.com]

[mexicotravelclub.com]

And let me know so maybe I can join you.

Nena Level 6 Mar 12, 2018

How fast can you run?

lol. Just remember hopping freight trains as a kid.

A train station perhaps

I never go anywhere! In part because, like farmers, there are critters who need care. Lately though I've been seeing ads about train 'tours" from coast to coast, both across the central US and across Canada. The US trip was advertised for just over $200. Of course being located right in the middle of that route, I would have to fly to one coast and back from the other. I'd prefer starting and ending in the same place, within driving distance of home. These trips sound like fun though.

Are you SURE that trip was only $200? That seems impossibly low. Maybe you are missing a zero at the end of that figure? Even two grand would be cheap for a cross-country trip.

@citronella Lost track of this thread between kindles. The train trip is even cheaper on this site. Of course I would offer no guarantees about the accommodations or your traveling companions. You could end up talking mostly to 4 legged vagabonds. 😀.
[dereklow.co]

You can travel by train from NYC either north to Canada, or south to North Carolina and Florida (via Washington, DC). And they also offer a great discount for seniors. I know what I'm talking about because I've done it. Then you can visit me...but there are no trains to where I live. I've been in Hawaii for over 25 years, moving from NYC and then Orange County (NY).

Are you "" insinuating" I am an oldy? Hummmmm....LOL
I was in Hawaii, twice. Maui is unique. Too bad I didn't meet McGarrett

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35840
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.