Agnostic.com

6 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

many children will be in for great disappointments when their parents end up in long term care..there goes the inheritance.

My kids know there will be very little that I am able to leave to them, beside what I've already given them. They're cool with that, and they don't like their dad and his family holding the inheritance over them. I raised my girls right, I gave them my attitude!

It comes to all of us..prepared or not.
Having lost my brother nearly a year ago I can tell you he wasn't prepared. So we worked through it together..it is a time consuming process, start planning now...

My grandparents prayed for long lives, a gift they sought from the Lord. They lived with Alzheimer's, incontinence, loneliness, and pain until the age of 100. That's not a gift I want. I will go to "sleep" when living is no longer a blessing.

I have told my adult children something similar. When I stop having fun I want to go. No chemo, no surgeries, no ventilation, no heroic measures, nothing to extend my life. I don't want to spend more than 2 days in a hospital, and I want to go as cheap as possible.

@HippieChick58 And as painlessly as possible.

@HippieChick58 ,
i hope your in the right state so your wishes can be carried out.

@callmedubious I know what you mean.

i think most of us have a level of quality of life which were not prepared to go below.
i envy the belgiums. they don't have to be terminal. if they're over 70 & have had enough the state will assist them with a dignified departure.

well that's what pills and guns are for. we can't afford to live that long.

no guns please. Think of the people who have to do the clean up. You'll give them PTSD

@MsDemeanour oh you're right. I agree. I don't wish to leave a mess for someone to clean. I'm thinking I can take some drugs and position a vat of acid or lye next to me in which to fall.

@JeffMesser That is SO considerate Jeff. I wish more suicides would clean up after themselves.

@JeffMesser ,
good idea. just have the acid in a bath tub.

@MsDemeanour put some heavy blankets over you & the chair, then pull the trigger. Of course I have never ever thought about any such thing......

@MsDemeanour, @JeffMesser taking pills is a complete toss-up, as soon as you become even partially unconscious 60% of people will vomit most of them up, leaving you, now probably with brain damage, to be pitied by all your acquaintances. Guns, tailpipe exhaust, trains, or falls from tall places are more certain. Of course I have never ever thought about theses things.....

I didn't read the article HP but if I get to the stage where I've outworn my welcome at my sons houses (I've told them that they can only move away a radius of 20kms and in my dotage I plan to rotate weekly between the four of them) I'll bow out gracefully via euthanasia.

I wish I could afford to. I will work until I die.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:358683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.