Agnostic.com

4 0

When America was trying to be different from the European oppressors, many things were changed the race tracks horses ran counter clockwise the measure went to standard from metric. However the rules, laws to live by are very similar to European, based on religious principle. This was not breaking free just adopting a more religious progressive place. This is most prevalent in the Salem witch trials. Even the constitution is a religious document. As non believers our rights were never considered.

azzow2 9 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Doesn't freedom of religion = freedom from religion? I think it should be implied, should not being a reality based word.

Never thought about racetracks running counterclockwise but they do. Know a lot about Salem, MA-and my ex-husbands family is related to one of those they hung. Been to Salem many times around Halloween-fun place..

May I ask how our constitution is a religious document?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the BLESSING of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. I capitalize one of the hints in the preamble.

@sarahjustme So as far as I can detect blessing refer to prayer . Pleas enlighten me?

@azzow2 The majority of the framers were inspired by the enlightenment thinkers who were pro-science and pro-rationalism. They were against the idea of monarchies or religion running societies.

@sarahjustme Ok now go find one with no religious connotations.

@Rickyy All I can say is what the f... happened? Taking an oath of court on a bible. Hear almost on a daily basis was about revoking rights, In god we trust on currency.

@sarahjustme what church are you referring to the cat in Stephen King's Pet Cemetery?

Its all bullshit, after the war they started calling german shepherds Alsations because they didnt want to say the word german but kept the dogs. America armed afgannies against russian invaders but now are bombing them and fighting there own weapons. sadam husain couldnt be killed with bombs because of an english designed bomb shelter and still no weapons of mass destruction yet the man and his country had the shit knocked out of them for that very reason. humans are one big corrupt fuck up, running with the foxes and hunting with the hounds. fuck me even seriel killers stay consistant. excuse my spelling, ill now got down of my soap box.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35920
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.