Agnostic.com

29 4

Government Tyranny

With the gun debate so hot and heavy these days, the topic of fear of government tryanny has been tossed around a lot.

I don't trust the US government at all but I also don't see the government using guns against us. I think the government already controls the citizens of the US via money and that if total control were to happen it would come without a shot fired. I think those in power would simply make us more and more powerless by taking away our ability to feed our families and survive.

Do you think an armed conflict with your government is a real possibility? If yes, how and why?

Crimson67 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We had armed conflict with government in Northern Ireland - Scary stuff I had a massive gun pointed in my car window at me, held by a spotty 16 year old kid after The IRA tossed a bomb into Army barracks and the hard borders were awful - So many guns.

This is perhaps one of the most unreasonable arguments against gun laws—that the government could ‘take advantage’ of its unarmed citizens to ‘move against them’ and that the only thing protecting our freedoms from such abuse is our right to bear arms. Bollocks!

The case of Nazi Germany is sometimes used, without any recognition of history. Namely, that Germans voted for Hitler and his expanded powers freely, and without Nazi guns held to their heads. Is there any doubt that, no matter how large one’s personal armory, the government will always have more? How stupidly arrogant is such a concept as this: the only thing keeping the government from raiding my property is my ownership of guns!

Orwell was wrong, Huxley was right.

They don't have to take what they already have.

Get back on your phone and pay your bills.

The govt has a standing army, navy and,
Air. Are you kidding?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35923
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.