Agnostic.com

6 1

10 Things To Know If You Love Someone With PTSD

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you.

many other fellow sufferers on here?

@ShadowAmicus

My daughter struggles with PTSD after being violently raped and beaten at age 19. She was asleep in her bed at college when the rapist attacked. After years of therapy, Claire, 29, still wakes up screaming. She has panic attacks.

"I want to keep Claire safe and warm," her husband said. What every parent wants to hear.

Two years earlier, I was raped. Claire's rape gave me flashbacks. I have some PTSD.

Women and girls are not safe in America. It's worse for women around the world.

@LiterateHiker I will pm you later

Very complicated disorder affects very from individual to individual time and help is needed. Various approaches are needed no two cases are the same. Medication and therapy are required support from family and friends usually fellow soldiers if military based. Triggers vary depending on original source. Antidepressants and anxiolitics marijuana can be of great help. Understanding and support are necessary . Having been a sufferer I can say these things can hasten recovery

bobwjr Level 10 June 13, 2019

Someone I know is in the army. He spent three combat missions in Afghanistan, a total of two years. Let's say his head took a little more time than his feet to come back home.

Kate has PTSD and it was hard to know what to do until there was nothing else to do but listen. Once I started to do this things got better.

Good to know,shares a lot with people with advanced Dementia

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:360167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.