Agnostic.com

3 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Married at 21 now enjoying our 58th anniversary.

From my personal experience, I would say so. I have not known a lot of people who got married at 15, but it was a bad idea, even though I ran away and lied about my age. A 15 year old still needs their parents and a 19 year old male is hardly prepared to be a father to a 15 yr old, girl! The marriage lasted 17 years, and did allow me to escape a dismal home life. But, here late in my life, I seem to be more emotionally balanced, than my peers or family members (at least the ones that are still in this world). Maybe, I could have accomplished more with higher education? At least, I believe in...the value that I am contributing to life now.

Good for you. Sometimes things happen for the better . I also came from ahome similar to yours went into the Marines at 18 to escape

Interesting, but what most people thought anyway.

I married just before I turned 20, but we both finished college, and after our divorce, 22 years later, I got another degree and a Masters.

You are an emotionally healthy person (at least from your post).

@Freedompath My getting married didn't mean I began living like an adult. My ex and I both grew up as MKs (missionary kids) in Haiti, and hung with, even rented houses together with other MKs from home, ran around like college brats. We did whatever entered our heads to do..taking off to concerts, to see movies (nobody did drugs, except for pot, but not at my place) having pets, moved to different states, I bought a horse, etc.

I didn't get around to getting pregnant until I was 26 yrs old..closer to the "right" time for marriage.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36093
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.