Agnostic.com

11 16

Supreme Court denies Flint officials' request to block lawsuit over water crisis

Good news!

"A three-judge panel ruled against them in January, saying the officials "created the Flint Water environmental disaster and then intentionally attempted to cover up their grievous decision." The full Sixth Circuit declined last month to take the case, leaving the panel decision intact.

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor denied Flint officials' request to block lawsuits.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The lead poisoning in those children will be devastating that community for generations.

Remember when Lead was removed from paints? It's slightly sweet,small kids were nibbling it off widowsills. And the removal of Lead from gasoline? In gas, the Lead acted like a cushion on the engine valve seats,unfortunately, the cars exhausts were right at the level of strollers and baby carriages,giving the infants a dose of Lead poisoning.....

@Mike1947 serious effects on children and their ability to learn and control impulses.

Wasn't repair funds diverted to run a re election campaign or something?

I wonder at the long term health affects on the Flint population?Will pregnant mothers be affected and their children?

i whitelisted nbc and it still blocks me, so please tell me the date on this article. i hope it's brand new! that would be very good news indeed!

g

@genessa

The news broke today.

@LiterateHiker yay!

g

Excellent news!!!

...shocking no criminal cases were or are
filed, just business as usual !

BBJong Level 7 June 15, 2019

I still think the right response to this disaster would have been for the federal government to send in the appropriate people from all the armed services (construction battalions) to replace all the water lines.

Had this happened in say... Manhattan, it would have gotten a much different and appropriate response.

bingst Level 8 June 15, 2019

However the Michigan Attorney General is currently not pursuing charges as they resume the investigation to make sure no stones have been left unturned. The charges have been dismissed without prejudice, meaning they can be charged again at any time without double jeopardy, having never gone to trial. (I can't give a citation as I was listening to this on NPR last night.)

Could the tide finally be turning against these monsters who hurt innocent people???? Let's hope so. It's about fucking time they are held accountable for poisoning these poor people.

But what have the Feds done to remedy the water issues. The neurological effects of on all the citizens, especially children is a health crisis. We are becoming a 3rd world country, worse the priorities of who needs the money is shown with the trillions in tax cuts to the most wealthy. And any progressives are considered radicals for wanting education, health benefits, clean air and water

@gigihein agree-this is not the only location,
to reap profits but not UPDATE the safety
of the product

They should be in jail. Seems like they have no regard for human life.

Fantastic now can sue the rest in each state

bobwjr Level 10 June 15, 2019

@bobwjr

"not sue the rest in each state" doesn't make sense.

Please clarify.

@LiterateHiker typo Will correct thanks still drinking coffee

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.