Agnostic.com

2 4

We hold life in our hands, sometimes it slips through. The tighter we squeeze, the faster the grains fall through our fingers. When loss no longer hurts, it becomes a tool. Eyes open to the reality, that your best sometimes just isn't good enough. There is no sadness in this realization, just an acceptance, for all our fuss, the world keeps turning. Today I sat next to an old friend, there's blood on our shoes, she busts into tears. There's nothing to say, today is her turn to break. I put my arm around her, I feel her tears on my neck, they get cold so quickly. She talks about quitting, this is something we all do, but we never will. We can't, how can you walk away from yourself? It's not yet 0900, and there's still 8hrs to go. When we meet again, maybe it'll be my turn to break. I think today is Tuesday, but without my phone I wouldn't know.

Nurse-Quantros 7 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Did not get it until the second read defend an ally.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.