Agnostic.com

7 3

LINK 13 arrested in record welfare fraud sweep

This is what Welfare Queens really look like.

HippieChick58 9 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No real surprise there.

So sad because abuse of the system makes those who really need it "criminals" in the eyes of many ignorant and hateful people...

Welfare fraud is not as common as people want to believe...but when it happens, everyone gets the same blame...

Shame on those who "steal" from the needy...and also those of us who pay for them with our taxes....

The Real Welfare FRAUDS are Big Oil, Big Pharma,Big Agra,Big "Health", Big Banks and Humonous Defense...Yes these women bled the system of 104k..nothing compared to the Trillions that the corporations receive.

I agree that to stigmatize welfare payees, because of a few fraudulent ones blows everything out of proportion. The corruption is perpetrated by the greed of the military-industrial-congressional-corporate-syndicate in America. There will be more minor frauds that are publicly shamed, rather than the publicly shaming of powerful frauds, who induce poor people to lead dishonest lives to begin with.

This is criminal and undermines a safety net for the truly needy. That said the amounts were, for the most part, a few thousand dollars with a couple $10,000 or more. When trumps taxes are released I think we'll see fraud abuse in the millions. Will anything happen to a sitting or past President or will we let him get away with it?

My wife worked for social services for 26 yrs , offenders usually were made to pay back what they stole with no further punishment . And the majority of recipients were not black as many in N Carolina think .

No surprise there. All white.

Republicans demonize black women.

Wow. A whopping 3 of them broke 5 digits, with only 1 of those going over 20 grand. More than 1 was under 2 grand.

There's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

1of5 Level 8 June 16, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361603
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.