Agnostic.com

27 8

Out of the closet after 30

Iā€™m at a crossroads right now. Who is openly atheist? How important was it to come out and what regrets do you have?

AngiePoo 5 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been an atheist for decades. When I was very young I figured everybody was an atheist and the entire religion/god thing was just another Santa Clause story used by people in power to retain influence over children. It wasn't until I was in my 20's before, to my dismay I realized so many children did not grow up when they grew old and actually believed these ridiculous fairy tales. I have been an active anti-theist for decades. Parents were not happy when I identified as an atheist but they have learned to put up with me and not bring up religion as I actively debunk faith based dishonestly asserted as fact based truth.

You circumstances are unique to you. This video may be worth your time. . .

I'm agnostic. Wherever I am and whoever I'm talking to at the time, I often temporarily adjust my language to "blend in," because I don't take anything that seriously, believe IN nothing, and learn a lot more that way.
So I'll never come out except depending on my company at the time I might intimate I'm agnostic. In those cases they usually are too. Or atheist.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:362410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.