Agnostic.com

8 5

This is the topic on my mind tonight:

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority. It is time to pause and reflect...

and, as is usual when it comes to Mark Twain, I completely agree.

silvereyes 8 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And there are those who just automatically take the side in opposition to the majority. Contrarians. So the same probably applies if you find yourself in opposition to the majority.

Don’t think I’ve ever been in the majority so I don’t know. I always agree with Twain though so it must be right.

gearl Level 8 Nov 13, 2017

I like that one. My favorite Twain quote is "It is easier to fool a man than it is to convince a man that he has been fooled."

I love Twain quotes, if i believed i could find an intelligent community by writing sarcastic longform fiction then i would follow in his footsteps. Another brilliant asshole resting among legends like George Carlin and Bill Hicks

Regardless of the “side” in which I find myself, minority or majority, I continuously reassess my azimuth. As any good navigator will tell you, even when you set your course to a specific point, forces of nature (wind, currents, polar magnetism, etc) often affect your trajectory. Do I have to make small, albeit important, corrections to my beliefs, theories, and opinions? Yes, I do. Any person who calls themselves a researcher and/or a learner will always encounter information that can change their navigational course.

“He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.”
---Confucius

I agree, but not completely. What does 'on the majority' actually mean? (I'm being just a tiny, weeny, itty-bitty, tinsy-winsy sarcastic.)

@silvereyes lol

@Silvereyes No yellow polka dots, just very small.

I love Mark Twain, he once described a miner, as a liar with a hole in the ground.

I try to do this once a day. See if I’m going where I should.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3625
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.