Agnostic.com

5 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Buyer beware..they knew what he was capable of doing yet they voted for him...you get get what you voted for...

Another person has seen the light and will help care soles to rid of a dumbass.

Reality Hurts!

Serves him right...idiot! Hope a few more find that they get hit hard where it hurts most!

A 6 figure bath in a year is not uncommon. He is just making it worse!

@TheGreatShadow

The sea change in the farmer's attitude about Trump is newsworthy.

Farmers blindly vote Republican for generations.

@LiterateHiker Not this one!

Many years ago, we moved to a very small community in Louisiana - it sat adjacent to the Mississippi River and it was primarily an agricultural area - sugar cane being the money crop.
The second year we were there we started hearing the local farmers bitterly complaining about how they were losing soooooo much money on their sugar cane. To hear them talk, I expected to see them all living a hand to mouth existence. Imagine my surprise - when we got to visit a number of them during the holidays - to see the beautiful McMansions they were all living in - the Cadillac parked in the driveway and a late model top of the line truck next to it.
Turns out - farming is an "iffy" business. Some years you make a shit ton of money - other years - not so much. But I personally found it rather disgusting to hear them whine and bellyache about their gov't - their politicians - the weather, etc etc. As if it were all part of a giant conspiracy against the farmers of this country. During those fabulous years, tho - all you heard was "cha-ching" as the money hit their bank accounts. 😉 😉 So while I feel for the farmers going thru their hard times right now.....I would say that a certain amount of financial uncertainly seems to be baked into the equation. 🙂 😉

@Lavergne When you make it, you make it. When you lose it, you lose it. Out of 20 years you will have 3 great years, 3 years you lose money, and the rest is mediocre. The farmers that have fancy houses probably have loads of debt.

@TheGreatShadow Oh, I totally take your point-- the folks I was talking about, tho, had no problem bragging about how everything was paid for. So I found it a little off-putting. The larger point I was trying to make is that it seems to be human nature to complain during the hard years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.