Agnostic.com

8 19

I had a male boss about 20 years ago come in early most mornings to discuss our beliefs, he was a good friend and religious. The first encounter one morning he asked me " Are you a Satantist". I laughed so hard and said no Jimmy, if I don't believe in god, I certainly don't believe in Satan. This I will remember forever because there was no judgement, or hate but the need to understand. If we had more people like him this would be a better world. This is my first post as I manuver and learn this site.

Cindym1955 3 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's funny how some people don't automatically make the no god/no Satan connection. How could they possibly think that one could believe in one, but not the other when the mythology is incomplete either way? So, he didn't condemn your beliefs? Hmm, sounds like he might have been a decent boss.

I’ve had a boss (attorney) who would give 30-40 minute morning devotionals. Working for him was actually a factor in my deconversion, I think he caught me rolling my eyes a couple of times at the crazy stuff he would say.

Had one of those once. I got him fired for drinking on the job and he was later found to be a pedophile. How is that for Karma from me? LOL

If I don't believe in your sky daddy then I certainly don't believe in your ground troll. It always amazes me the lack of logical thought employed when thinking about people with differences. People tend to do the same with other things they don't understand, such as thinking being gay will lead to bestiality. That's a stretch I've never been able to figure out but has been said over and over. Oh you don't believe in Santa? Then clearly you believe in Krampus. :/

That is perfect all things considered. did you tell him you won't eat his children too lol?

Yes, judging blocks understanding.

It really would be considered inappropriate today. Twenty years ago I reported a co-worker's sexual innuendoes and I got fired. Today we have rights.

??

I found it exhilarating to have a very religious person interested in my beliefs. There wasn't any wrong doing in our conversation at all.

Hilarious! I agree. Wonderful opportunity to educate. Welcome to the community! Looking forward to your posts!

Thank you I need someplace to voice my non-religious beliefs. I live in the bible belt, red state that has affected me so badly that I am selling my house and going back to CO!

@Cindym1955 Good for you! Life is too short AND too long to be miserable!

Welcome to the asylum. enjoy your stay.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36438
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.