Agnostic.com

7 9

Thunderstorm brings flash floods, damaged cherry crops.

Manhole covers popped off, streets flooded and there were reports of vehicles being trapped in high waters as a major thunderstorm roared into Wenatchee this afternoon.

Number 2 Canyon Road is closed, blocked by a mudslide.

The brunt of the storm hit about 1:30, bringing torrential rains, hail and thunder and lightning.

I feel sorry for cherry growers. Rain make cherries swell and split, making them un-sellable. Strong winds already damaged Wenatchee cherries last week.

[ncwlife.com]

[sanluisobispo.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Too much rain is bad for a lot of things. Also my local farmer said he lost a lot of peach trees this years due to the polar vortex.

wow quite the storm ,farmers and fruit growers really suffer when this happes raising our food prices

Cherries are a volatile market and for this reason they hardly ever go on sale.

This weather is crazy. Sucks when the crops are affected so adversely.

So sorry to hear about the cherry crop. NY farmers are pricking up their ears.

while they're having a heat wave in europe our temps on the left coast are well below normal.
low 60s from van isle as far south as mid CA.
the heat wave will probably be blamed on global warming & no notice will be taken of our below normal temps.

The low temps are a product of the global warming process as well.

@evidentialist ,
uh huh, you ppl have got it covered both ways.

@callmedubious -- What does 'you people' mean?

@evidentialist ,
you ppl means (to me) ppl who have 100% bought into the global warming scare mongering & would never even consider any merit in contrary opinions/papers from 100s of scientists & even nobel laureates.

@callmedubious -- Patrick Moore as an example?

@evidentialist ,
don't know him.
tell you what.. just consider me a skeptic & leave it at that.

@callmedubious -- As you wish.

I pretty much feel sorry for any independent grower that grows for human consumption,

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366607
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.