Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Justin Raimondo, RIP (1951-2019) - Antiwar.com Original

I used to read his page quite regularly. It was reassuring to see other anti-war voices. I knew very little about his political leanings and history overall (as covered in this piece), but he tended to be great source for commentary.

:----:

"Justin Raimondo, former editorial director and co-founder of Antiwar.com, is dead at 67. He died at his home in Sebastopol, California, with his husband, Yoshinori Abe, by his side. He had been diagnosed with 4th stage lung cancer in October 2017.

Justin co-founded Antiwar.com with Eric Garris in 1995. Under their leadership, Antiwar.com became a leading force against U.S. wars and foreign intervention, providing daily and often hourly updates and comprehensive news, analysis, and opinion on war and peace. Inspired by Justin’s spirit, vision, and energy, Antiwar.com will go on.

Justin at 4 years old
Justin (born Dennis Raimondo, November 18, 1951) grew up in Yorktown Heights, New York and, as a teenager, became a libertarian. He was a fierce advocate of peace who hated war, and an early advocate of gay liberation. He wrote frequently for many different publications and authored several books. He was also politically active in both the Libertarian and Republican parties."

WilliamCharles 8 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll miss his insight and commentary. RIP Justin.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.