Agnostic.com

32 5

How has learning science affected your life?

How has learning science affected your life? For me my scientific interests kept me from cult indoctrination. It kept my mind open and aware of how the world really works.

Tyrantmike 6 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It lead to my getting a degree in engineering.

After 12 years in RC schools, physics helped me repair my mind. I liked it better than my major, math. In a post-grad semester I taught physics lab and in grad school would have studied low-temperature physics but computers beckoned. The moment I heard the BB story I doubted it.

Geology gives me a wonderful 4d vision of where I am that goes back millions, if not billions of years. It's my white boy dreaming.

Science helps me to think outside the box

I’m not sure I feel the same way as you do.

For me it hasn’t affected my life at all, except I just knew this is what I wanted to do in life.
It comes natural it is a comfort I guess.
I’m not sure how to explain it.
Somethings have always just made sense to me.

That’s why I dual majored in chemistry and biology.

So much rational thought scientific method

bobwjr Level 10 June 30, 2019

you mean superstition and myths are not the only thing? You means there a thing called science that tells the truth? When they find out they are wrong they admit it? They don't tell you just have to believe follow blindly and never question? Oh GAWD all mighty the earth is going to end because people can learn the truth!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:367567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.