Agnostic.com

8 2

LINK American pride falls to 45% in latest Gallup poll, an all-time low

Trump is responsible for the all tim elow of Americans feelign proud of their country.

snytiger6 9 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I could never quite understand why someone should be proud because they were born in a certain country. Grateful maybe or relieved but why proud ?

My sister and I had a discussion about displaying the American flag....even THIS has become a partisan issue and politicized. I'm angry that DT gets to represent what America is and what America stands for. I am sad that so many of my fellow citizens don't see through what appear to me to be his con games and his bluster. No substance, just hot air and a smug face. Not the type of President who cares about bringing people together...unless he gets a piece of the action and somehow profits.

It's just tough to come by as of late.

That just shows he had no idea on how to make America great again.

I think his idea of makign America great was to enrich himself, his family and friends. That is out of touch with what most everyone else believes, and the slogan "Make America Great Again" was for those who arent' rich, just an empty platitude.

I've always been neither "proud", nor "un-proud". But rather my usual tight-lipped, stoic self!

Yeah... I was brought up to be proud of hte country, but as i grew up I learned how natives helped the first settlers and then the settlers turned aroudn and took their lands, breaking any treaty they made. Then I learned of the internment of the Japanese during WWIIO, then the anti-Chinese laws, then there was how the sonsttution only counted black peopel as three fifths of a person and how only white peopel who ownded land were entitled to vote and it goes on and on. I dotn' think the U.S. is better than other countries and in some ways it is worse. The only way to be proud is to overlook the realities of our history.

I get that. We have much to answer for.

The ads made the article unreadable for me. I winder what the % of Republican vs Democrats made upbthe data set. 45% seems way too high for how most around me would reply.

Zster Level 8 July 3, 2019

I think those who are "roud" have to practice a lot of willful ignorance aobut what has been done and what is beign done in the name of the U.S. Republicans are much more adept at wilful ignroance.

Wow. That's better than I thought but then again, I can only judge by personal feeling.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:369042
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.