Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Alain de Botton: Atheism 2.0 | TED Talk

Alain de Botton: good marketing for Atheism

PontifexMarximus 8 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very interesting. but religions tell believers that their religion is the right one and the others wrong or we would just have one religion. Do we want people following that example with literature or art.

I am not sure I agree with his perceived need to find substitutes for the social and community and other beneficial aspects of religion and associate that quest with what is but a narrow epistemological view on a single topic. It has led to silliness like the Sunday Assemblies. But he's still worth a listen, and is thought provoking.

nothing revolutionary … he plays it safe … I was just thinking about some religious dude taking the same approach … perhaps suggesting reading more science magazines

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:369317
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.