Agnostic.com

14 3

What's your favorite stage in a courtship?

Some people are all about the chase, the cat and mouse game of flirting . Others are all about the honeymoon phase, where the passions have spilled over into intimacy like a warm waterfall. And others long for the stability of the relationship phase, the trial playing house stage where you are able to drop your guard and see each other for who you truly are.

Which stage do you like the most and feel comfortable with? At what stage have most of your relationships ended?

• 5 votes
  • 21 votes
  • 11 votes
LucifersPen 7 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I much prefer the mature love phase of a relationship

I think I can only relate to one of the "stages" with any sort of emotional or critical undertstanding. I recognise the language, but they don't seem to reflect my experiences in any meaningful way.

Gosh I love them all for different reasons.

Seems to me that the Honeymoon Stage is the best part but, the key to it is to make it last mine lasted 19 years.

The extended courtship stage is the best. It's when you do fun things together; hike, attend plays, go dancing, go to movies, before sexual involvement.

Another perfect stage would be snuggling, reading aloud to each other, giving each other foot massages. In my case, this came during courtship as well.

I don't remember..........lol

The 'comfort' stage. When you can relax and just share your life with someone. She says one word or I give her a certain look and you both dissolve into a puddle of giggles. When you touch or hold each other and it simply 'fits' . I miss that so much.

I think they all have there good and bad parts but in the honeymoon period your both seamingly perfect for each other in your lustful, loving dilusion.

I'm not really sure but I know the pre break up stage is the worst

Stuck in that right now.

@kmdskit3 hang in there. Good thing about life is it changes

got that right !

I don't know why it is, but the best sex I've ever had is the first time with every woman that I've been with. I'll never forget the first time with any of them. The only "first" that wasn't good, was the very first time ever. I'm not diminishing the relationships in any way, but there was just some extra passion, or adventure or something the first times.

I have no desire for the "playing house" stage - been there, done it - live in my own comfy home. I'd like to remain in honeymoon indefinitely ! could happen ...

Endings have ocurred at all different stages - not predictable that way.

THE SEX! After that then all the other good stuff happens or it doesn't. As far as the endings go, they have all been different.

Goal is to get to Playing House but if you skip Honeymoon Stage it isn't strong enough.

I love being comfortable

Me too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37064
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.