Agnostic.com

16 4

Amen...Do you say it?
If not, what do you use instead.

It has never been a word I use. I usually say, "truth" or "truly".

Crimson67 8 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, I guess I would say in those moments: "I agree"!

Gert Level 7 Mar 20, 2018

Not one for amen...... more like crap it worked.

holy cow

Its just a word. The english langauge never met a foreign word it didnt like at least a little.

Ironically, occasionally.

For us Aussies "too right mate" is usually very suitable.

I'd say 'Yea and verily' before using Amen - but yeah, I hear you (without the cheat sheet) or 'That is so true' or 'Fuckin' A' audience depending 🙂

I'm missing something here.

I use it, sarcastically of course...

Same here.

I used to say, occasionally,"Amen, hallilujah, and give the lord a sacrifice!" but I haven't said that in years...maybe I should bring back the 'pheme...

I don’t have a problem saying it. It only means truth. Although most of the time I say it. It’s in a sarcastic manner. And will never say it at the end of a pray. Lol

Ditto, true, truth, truer words never spoken, hear hear, aye aye ....thank you I could not have said it better myself ...."so be it spoken" past and future tense meaning of 'amen' is patriarchal and faux magical. ...cults depend upon victims giving that echo of approval or insane belief

Amen, literally means SO BE IT! I've met christians that have no idea what it means.

Fuckin' A works equally well

When I did go to Church, Shouts of AMEN and Hallelujah used to annoy the hell out of me...lol

It's a word that does not have any meaning in my vocabulary, it has no useful meaning to me.

If I'm pretending to be a churchie or am telling a joke I will say it. otherwise no way.

I'm not religious. I say no. I was brought up in a religious family,that's why I'm what my family calls the black sheep Does it make me different no I'm still mike I'm still me. I use to say it when I went to AA but that's my past just like my religion its not something I want to talk about

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37094
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.