Agnostic.com

28 6

Is a snake in the kitchen a message from the universe?

Maybe it's just me and I look at things superficially, but I have a friend who said she found a snake in the kitchen and it meant that the 'universe' was sending her a message. Why do simple observations of phenomena have to have a meaning? To me, it means , yeah the universe says plug up the hole leading to the kitchen or clean your kitchen better so that the smell of food doesn't attract rodents, etc.

Why do people attach imaginary meaning to simple occurences? Can't things that happen just be meaningless and just be things that happen? Isn't this just another form of 'a higher authority is watching me and wants to send me a message?' Or do athiests and agnostics do the same and I'm the odd ball out? (Which I'm getting used to 😉.

AwarenessNow 8 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The message from the universe is: Snake chili tonight!

Was it near the apples?

@irascible exactly and in what language?

Does she live in Colorado where you have snakes?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.