Agnostic.com

5 2

As a kid growing up in the 70s...

I thought that in the future (definitely by now) that humans would have landed on Mars, a Bigfoot would be captured and on display in the Smithsonian, The Loch Ness Monster was nearing the end of its elusiveness through scientific surveys (as seen in Leonard Nimoy's In Search Of), and surely by now we would have had a UFO event not too dissimilar than that depicted in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Sadly I have to report that none of this has happened.

Van_O 5 Nov 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Right now I am hoping for a zombie apocalypse to happen. I see that as technology has taken over humanity so we are kindof there already. If aliens do land, I am going with them..

There is always a lot of crap in the air around us. He simply need to be analytical and critical and decide for ourselves what is real.

Oh, the good old days when the future had so much promise.

Betty Level 8 Nov 14, 2017

I feel like Ray Bradbury was WAY more influential in my perception of what the future holds than i ever realized until very recently.

In that last sentence, did you "this has NOT happened?"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3715
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.