Agnostic.com

8 1

Soul-mates

What are your thoughts on the validity of believing in “soul-mates” and not believing in souls?

• 4 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 21 votes
Mizzteree 4 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Soul-mate" is Not a religious concept, so nothing to do with "souls", just a way of describing a deep connection with someone...does not even need to have a romantic component...I felt a "soul-mate" connection to my late brother-in-law, a gay man.

People that are really into each other can be soul-mates until one of them starts going in a different direction.

Malarkey

For "soul" I read the word "personality" and then I can sort of endorse the concept. Two people who have very similar tastes, yet enough differences to be interesting, have a strong chemistry between them, and want to do the work of keeping a relationship going... yeah, I can see that being called "soul mates" if it lasts.

Though I found at one time was the happiest time

bobwjr Level 10 July 9, 2019

Nonsense

Soul mates is a fantasy sold by Disney movies, rom-coms, stupid romance novels, advertisements for perfume and clothing, etc.

Suddenly I'm running through a flowery field wearing a flowing white dress with birds and butterflies flitting around, with arms outstretched into the arms of....CUT. What's that tingling feeling? Ticks.

To love is an action verb. It's a series of daily decisions to treat people you love with tenderness, kindness, respect and compassion. To focus on the good in them. To love is to hang in there, working together through ups and down of life.

I guess it's just an expression?

Carin Level 8 July 9, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:371892
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.