Agnostic.com

26 4

So do we atheists, agnostics, own the privilege to examine others negatively, own the privilege to disdain others?

Are we BETTER than others or just different? I discovered this site last week and enjoy the writing and debate very much...but the vitriol & venom- downright name calling "Psychopaths, lowly, stupid and dangerous people, delusional" are references to all others who think differently.. That I call arrogance and, I believe, is not justified. People are just different.
NGO's and faith based orgs are some of the first responders to times of crises, inhumane trtreatment, children living in poverty (starvation, illness) natural disasters....environmental restoration...when our feeble govt's are focusing on political isues, defense, space travel, NGO's show up to help those who are suffering. I don't see the Red Cross "damning me to hell or trying to convert me..."? No, they have more important concerns. Like showing care to the disabled, rescuing those in danger, healing the sick, The founders of the Salvation Army sought to bring aid to the poor, destitute, and hungry by meeting both their physical and emotional . Needs. It is present in 131 countries, running charity shops, operating shelters for the homeless and disaster relief and humanitarian aid to developing countries. Really- are these foks motivated by pushing their delusional belief systems on people or damning them to hell?
Faith-based non-governmental organizations’ (FBNGOs) also work to create interventions toward community empowerment in social development, community empowerment, community participation, community capacity building, local leadership development, or community resource mobilization in devloping counries . FBNGOs have also emerged as a significant aspect in social development in our cities w/ underserved populations, providing healthcare, legal aid, counseling services, activities for the disabled and delayed.... abuse intervention, clothing, housing.and food to everyone who needs help. They do not stop first to ask "are you saved? If not, forget it!"

So, the responders here who claim that I am ATTACKING atheists?! Not at all, or I would examine my OWN behavior, as an atheist. No, I just want to slash through the ugly divide we seem to create when we identify the "sociopathic, bible thumping zealots" as being ALL the people who TRY to follow the teachings of a god who they understand as merciful and loving.

theatreskill 5 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bravo!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:373668
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.