Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Why Don’t Police Catch Serial Rapists? - The Atlantic

This is a giant wake up call. We do not have a justice system these days. We have a for profit prison system and a police force that is more interested in condemning their neighbors than serving justice.

OpposingOpposum 9 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have argued for many years that the police should make greater use of forensic technology in documenting crime - Rape is a special case, but all crimes have victims. Fingerprinting, palm prints DNA, everything that identifies an individual should be collected, collated in one database and referenced every time someone new is added to the list.
This may not immediately solving a case, but documenting who did it on the basis that sooner or later, like turds, they will float to the surface will produce convictions. Currently crime pays and perpretators will probably get away with it - if people find criminals are being caught at any time, even years after the act, it may reduce crime rates, particularly if deterrent penalties are imposed.

No excuse is acceptable

bobwjr Level 10 July 18, 2019

I am sorry I read this. Disturbing is not even close to the word I would use.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.