Agnostic.com

16 0

Agnostic radio Station?

Does anyone know of a radio station that promotes agnosticism?

Grecio 7 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How about npr...I am on agnostic to be around like minded people. Not to talk about agnosticism.

No one knows where or how to access this station, or what the content is, but it definitely exists as a thing that doesn't exist.

There is a TV show broadcast from their own little studio in Austin, TX = [atheist-experience.com]

Also a radio station = [blogtalkradio.com]

The idea of this reminds me a lot of the story of Air America, an experiment in lefty talk radio to counter all the right wing talk radio in the US. It ultimately failed to stay in business, altho MSNBC ended up being a similar format with TV, tho no one should have any illusions that MSNBC, owned by General Electric, is not just as pro-corporate as the right wing talk stations and is also the network that fired Phil Donahue and cancelled his show for opposing the Iraq War as well as doing that to Ed Shultz for wanting to cover Bernie Sanders more during the last prez cycle. There is also Free Speech TV on cable and satellite TV that does have more genuine lefty content, such as Democracy Now! I am annoyed by NPR and won't listen to its talk shows because, despite it common rep as being liberal, it is liberal only on cultural issues, but not at all on inequality, war, or corporate greed and misconduct. And no wonder because of how in the last couple decades NPR started taking all that corporate money, just like the Dem party began doing in the late 80s, in the form of corporate "underwriting" or advertising on programs. Both groups lost their souls over that. Nowadays, NPR is a lot of smug, PC programming for the comfortable and well-educated, at least their talk shows, and I just can't stomach that or feel comfortable with it.

The only programming I listen to at all on my local public radio station are Marketplace and a few music shows that are produced in my state that have alternative, indie and blues music featured as well as classic rock because their content is so much better than the crap that is now left on commercial, non-satellite radio for the masses.

A bit off subject...But I’ve actually pondered if AM radio could make a comeback similar to the resurgence of vinyl records. The young hipster folk seem to love the crackle and pop of records...perhaps they’d love the static of AM radio too.

don't listen to radio anymore, but there is an atheist streaming channel, search it on google

pretty obvious, they do it for publicity which they hope they can convert to $$$.

I think NPR could be considered agnostic. As well as many mainstream stations that don't advertise religion regularly. They neither support or deny it. Its not about agnosticism. I think it would be hard to make a radio station only about agnosticism. Mabey if you included athiests and humanists and talked about secular issues. Have you tried podcasts?

MsAl Level 8 July 21, 2019

@Ms_McSteven Interesting.. Looks like "Reality Radio" now. Not secular specifically but liberal politics education. Might be interesting to add along with 104.1

How is NPR more or less agnostic than NBC or FOX or Al Jazeera?

@MarkiusMahamius I included other mainstream stations. I do think NPR swings a bit farther from religion than network stations and questions traditional values more. Definitely more agnostic than Fox. Fox is rarely agnostic about anything. Also aren't all those TV channels not radio?

@MsAl you're right that NPR is broadcast radio only, but I've heard other TV stations on the radio, including NBC and FOX. None of them are stations though, just programming that anyone can buy. Anyhow, I don't think FOX is less or more agnostic. They're possibly more condoning of religion, but I dontvrecall them ever taking a position on theism. I'm not much of a watcher though. So not 100% sure

@MarkiusMahamius I mean less agnostic because they have strong opinions about things and tend to spread the "I know everything" sentiment. Agnostic can pertain to other things than religion and that's what I was referring to. Also I could see NPR doing a respectful piece on atheism or agnosticism. I think FOX might have a harder time with that.

No

bobwjr Level 10 July 21, 2019

tuning to static is not bad sometimes.

Howard Stern - Sirius/XM Channel 100

I hope not

Amisja Level 8 July 21, 2019

What’s wrong with an agnostic themed radio station?

NPR definitely is not agnostic at least not where I hear it.

Let's start one! With web streaming it could be from anywhere or from multiple locations ... what would it be called? Truth radio? Something catchy?

I'm not sure if it is Atheist, but NPR is my favorite. You should check it out!

I don't know. Let me know if any knows of one.

I wonder if Seris (sp) has one?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.