Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK America is an Idea (and It's the Right That Hates It)

I believe this is a very well-written and inciteful article, but I expect conservatives would not have the same view.

ATDayHiker 7 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They always have. All they do is pay democracy lip service.

Give me an AMEN! . . . White people, even slave owners, wrote a document outlawing the ownership of human beings.

JacarC Level 8 July 22, 2019

The constitution has three sections addressing slavery and its CESSATION! This is one of the reasons for the civil war.

The article repeatedly states historical facts judgmentally, via adjectives/adverbs that have no basis in evidence. The comments are biased. No substantiation before assertion. And therefore distorts common reality.

Blaming all people who live now for the failings of their unknown ancestors is the racist's fundamental core.

JacarC Level 8 July 22, 2019

that was a good read. thx for posting it.

What the right hates is democracy. They think they are supporting the original ideas of the Republic. This is why you hear them say they "don't want to see your tax dollars go for healthcare." In fact, under the Republic only land owners voted and most of them had slaves who were not white. Is this racism and white supremacy? No, not to the right. They gerrymander and make excuses for original American ideas. This is so people of color cannot be equal and to the right they never will be.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377667
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.