Agnostic.com

5 2

Why I left christianity video

Koi brings up some excellent points here. Of course I find them excellent because his story sounds exactly like mine. Almost word for word. I remember that tribe question being the last straw ... I argued it with Brother Lendal Bolin in Enid and I never showed up at that church again. I am betting many of you will find similar stories.

JeffMesser 8 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jersus Chirst! 😉

skado Level 9 July 23, 2019

OK, so he left Christianity and went for some other religions trying to explain them as he goes along. He has traded one "ism" for another and appears to have some strong desire to worship something. Why? Look at his other titles that come up after this video plays.. When I left Christianity I was no longer "hungry." I am rightfully done with all of it. I have studied too much of it.

Yes these are exact reasons i left after 30 years. I could either continue to blindly stick my head in the sand or accept the truth. The reason they don't want you to question anything is because there is no rational way of explaining some of the bullshit. All people can do is just say because the bible says so or god works in mysterious way or just have faith. Those are all bullshit answers. Also the George Carlin video got me to thinking about christianity being bullshit too.

I've been studying the Tao te ching for about 2 years now and it makes so much more sense than christianity. I consider it to be more good advice than religion

thats how I viewed Buddhism also.

@JeffMesser I think they are very similar. I havent delved that much into Buddhism so i can't say but there is so much wisdom in Tao te ching and its not judgemental toward other points of view and thats what i like. With Christianity, its my way is right and your way is wrong and if you don't change youre going to hell which is ridiculous

It a good video—thanks for sharing. It resonates with me.

If anybody tells me I have to believe something I am put on alert. Present something that’s believable and belief will follow spontaneously. As I have said, religion is not about belief or faith.

That’s the trouble with traditional Christianity: trying to coerce people into belief using fear and guilt. That and trying to worm one’s way into heaven—it’s disgusting.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377788
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.