Agnostic.com

4 0

Thanking those who served?

If you served in the US military for any length of time, youve contributed to how the US is run, intenrally and abroad. How can you talk about solutions to todays probelms, of you were part of their creation?

MarkiusMahamius 7 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes because as an E4 (lower rank than a sergeant) I had SO much say in how things were run 🙄
Not all of us joined because we were gun crazy dicks. Why on Earth would you rag on a vet who AGREES that kids shouldn't be in cages? Many of us joined because we wanted the opportunities (college money, training in skills we could use when we got out - not all of it is about killing people) we were not able to get elsewhere. This is a stupid post. Don't blame veterans, blame the politicians. We want solutions just as much as anyone else. We were trained to protect the people and uphold the Constitution. Which is the exact opposite of what the current administration is doing.

Remi Level 7 July 23, 2019

Be really nice if our culture would stop producing people who volunteer to go to other countries to kill people. Be nice indeed.

1of5 Level 8 July 22, 2019

It's be better if we stop producing people who volunteer to send other people to shoot/get shot

@MarkiusMahamius we'll always have worthless shits who want to send other people to fight, unfortunatly. It's the ones that want to actually go do it that scare the shit out of me.

As a veteran, I'll say that it would be nice to live in a country where I wouldn't have to feel like my only options are crushing college debt, flipping burgers, or joining the military. I didn't sign up because I wanted to kill people and it's insulting that you say that.

because we learned how to beat you up with a thumb or shoot you so you should thank us anyway.

Threats of violence make all the difference

@MarkiusMahamius I hope that was tongue-in-cheek because if not then you need to chillax.

People change.

Talking about contributing to how the U.S. is run, have you paid taxes recently?

I fill out my forms just like everyone else.

Yup. Ask the same question of these fine people next, please.

[itep.org]

@1of5 They certainly are not contributing to the betterment of society.

@dare2dream they provide many things we evidently think we need which in theory betters society. Paying taxes to support the infrastructure they rely on to make extrodinary profits would make society even better, though.

If corporations and people were taxed fairly neithers burden would be excessive or oppressive.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377859
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.