Agnostic.com

31 4

Atheism and psychedelics

Many people who use psychedelics say that it caused them to believe in god, or strengthened their belief. If you are someone who uses psychedelics, do you think it strengthened your lack of belief? Did/does it help you in any way? Spiritual experiences? Spiritual, in a non-religious way... More like a feeling of connectedness, centeredness, and renewed appreciate for the cosmos and all within it?

Just a random thought. Only answer if you don't disagree with psychedelic use, please.

RaeBxtchens 5 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've used psychodelics in the past (mostly blotter), had a great time each time. The thought of a diety never crossed my mind, I was too busy laughing and watching tracers and stuff.

None of my 3 'acid trips' involved a god of any kind just bright colours and things not behaving predicatably - I just remember laughing a lot. I don't think any of it meant anyhtign just rearranging stuff in my brain.

Sam Harris has a video that talks about it. His experience with extasy

For me it became many different experiences but it did ignite a curiosity about our interconnectedness as humans...It was colors that sparked an interest such as you experienced. It was of great influence and opportunity to examine more than challenge a god. . Just curious what was out there and if it was a Who

Nope I think I might of made some connection then I'm pretty sure I just shorted out my brain a little.

I already was reluctant to discount the possibility of a higher being existing. Psychedelics just made me feel more connected to the universe and made me not just more accepting of my opinions but others’ beliefs as well

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.