Agnostic.com

10 3

Has anyone seen Man From Earth?

Has anyone seen Man From Earth? It is about a man who has been alive since caveman days. He move once every 10 or so years so no one we notice he does not age. Anyway at a dinner party he does something he has never done. He tell a group of friends his story. One of the things he tell is that he was Jesus. That he had tried to bring eastern philosophy to the west as religious leader. That the story was not anything like the way it is told now. The Christain in the room has a fit over it. It is a great movie that take place in one room almost the whole movie. It is a thinking movie.

arronpaul46 6 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I liked it, as I remember. Haven't seen it in a long time, but remember it favorably.

Never heard of it. Gonna check it out.

My husband used this movie while we where dating as a test to see if we were compatible. Early on in the movie I asked if the main character was Jesus. I passed the test and we've had a fun, godless marriage for 5 years. Not the greatest acting but great message and thought provoking.

It's an okay movie. I didn't enjoy it for a lot of reasons but it was unique enough that I watched it to the end. Hence okay movie.

Thing is if I had to pick the worse person to live forever it would have been him. Also, Buddhism really has nothing to do with Christianity.

@arronpaul46 I've read all sorts of things about bonobos equating them as a sort of peaceful, matriarchal, vegetarian society. Not quite true. [bbc.com]

If you have Amazon Prime on your TV you can watch it free.

Yes, it was a wonderful movie, well-written and well-acted. A sequel was released recently, "The Man from Earth: Holocene" which I found disappointing. And there's a TV series possibly in the works.

I got it from their Kickstarter campaign. I think the DVD is available.

Great film.

One of the greatest films ever made

1. on such a low budget
  2. All shot in one room

It's not perfect, but is great stuff to contemplate.

@TheMiddleWay I enjoy introspection as well as gadgets and space ships. "2001: A Space Odyssey", for instance.

@TheMiddleWay Quite true. That sounds like a good topic for discussion, or a good list-in-progress: "Science fiction with substance, with or without flash." 🙂 I haven't had enough sleep to start it.

Twice. Enjoyed it both times and would watch it again.

I loved that movie.

Yeah, that movie was kinda awesome. Thanks for telling me the name of it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.