Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Mitch McConnell is right. Secure, open elections would elect more Democrats. - The Washington Post

"Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" As long as you don't give a shit about the law.

Guess what: McConnell is right! Legislation to secure our elections is partisan. And the fact that it’s partisan shows just how pathological the Republican Party has become in its determination to hold on to power.

So here are some things that, in our system today, are “partisan” in the sense that if we were to do them they would advantage the Democratic Party over the Republican Party:

Securing our voting systems from foreign hacking

Allowing every American to vote

Making it as easy as possible for Americans to vote

Ensuring that all votes count equally

Now consider what it says about your party if doing those things would make it much more likely that you’d lose.

Republicans have quite plainly looked at our current state of electoral dysfunction and concluded that it’s working pretty darn well for them. Donald Trump is president, isn’t he? Why would we want to mess with a system that’s producing such wonderful outcomes?

jerry99 8 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

exactly!...

I keep saying Mcconnell is far more dangerous than Drumpf. I just wish there was something to be done about it. The dems need to grow a pair.

It really is disgusting what the gop has sunk to. I hate bullies and that is all the gop is.
I sure hope enough people are as disgusted and get out and vote to get some of these people out of office.

I ran out of WP access long ago.

Mitch isn't hiding it, he's out there in front of everybody doing it with no shame and the Republicans think it's great. Like everything else they do, they never consider tomorrow.

gearl Level 8 July 26, 2019

That's why I quoted what I thought was the most relevant part of the article.

They are ruling by stealth.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:379605
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.