Agnostic.com

9 3

"...Religion is like a knife: you can either use it to cut bread, or stick in someone's back.” - Archbishop Desmond Tutu (ret.)
...how many ways have you been "knifed", in the name of Jesus?!

Soarfeet 7 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see it as the tool pharmacists use to count pills. Believers in one pile, mostly just me in the reject, heathen pile. At least that is how it is here in SW VA. Boulder wasn't like that.

All my Christian friends knew I was a Jew but some of us were like brothers other told me Jews will all burn in hell in which responded that I planned to live to 100 and I didn’t give a shit besides so many of” you Christians “ seem to hate us. We know we’re hell bound

I can't begin to count.

I personally don't think I have directly, though I haven't exactly been served much bread from it either so...

AmyLF Level 7 Mar 18, 2018

Honestly gave up counting all the times upon giving up on religion.
Life is too short to dwell on how we've been "knifed" by those whom I now feel have little to offer in the betterment of our life.

There was the knife that effectuated my circumcision. Its starts very early.

Just about every way you can imagine. Some take it. I rebel.

Many! I still remember in the early 80's I got an asymmetrical haircut and my entire church suddenly decided I was a horrible person. I could hear those that I thought were friends talking about me in such a nasty way. No one talked to me after that. My own mother has stopped talking to me several times because I am not "living for the lord".

Christian.

This above all else, to thine own self be true....would believe I made that up?????

@DeeTee I didn’t go to Catholic School but I do remember sneaking into ST. Francis for girls .... o loved Catholic girls as the were the cutest and just at the worst time here comes two Nuns to violently chase me away. I felt all Jewish boys felt the same....

That's another very wise quote from Archbishop Tutu - I have a very great deal more repect for him than I do for most religious leaders.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 16, 2018

@Soarfeet Indeed; he's another example.

@Soarfeet if that ain’t the fricking truth

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.