Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK Author of Christian relationship guide says he has lost his faith | World news | The Guardian

I posted this story before however there has been new information concerning Joshua Harris.

He announced that he can no longer identify himself as a Christian and that he apologized to women for his previous views and the LGBTQ+ community.

From the article:

“But I specifically want to add to this list now: to the LGBTQ+ community, I want to say that I am sorry for the views that I taught in my books and as a pastor regarding sexuality.

“I regret standing against marriage equality, for not affirming you and your place in the church, and for any ways that my writing and speaking contributed to a culture of exclusion and bigotry. I hope you can forgive me.”

DGJ0114 7 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He will write another book about losing his faith.

I completely get where is coming from. He wrote his book at 21 and married young. I was a hard core Christian for several years and I began to choke on the hypocrisy and BS. People wake up and it takes brass balls to admit being wrong, to this magnitude. I always argue that most religious leaders are closet atheists because they do not believe in god either, they just pimp religion for a dollar.

Yes, I’m sure that there are plenty of preachers who have concluded that the belief in invisible beings who hate the gay lifestyle seems a little absurd, but they are too caught up in the whole religious game to pull out.

@Sandman07 There's actually a support group for such. [clergyproject.org]

Looks like losing a bogeyman is very painful to some people.The guy should have kept up his original story as he was providing a valuable service to those who need a hate figure. Maybe he should be stoned or something.

"His bestselling book was to be discontinued because of its “flaws”, he said."

That's my favorite part of the article. I think it shows his true integrity that he is taking his moneymaker off the market presumably because he can no longer personally endorse it.

ill be more impressed when he donates all the profits tbh 🙂

I'm guessing the world can expect another book soon. Cha-ching! 🤑

dkp93 Level 8 July 29, 2019

Yeah, I guess I am wondering what else he is going to own up to. And I hope he uses some of his filthy gained money to undo some of his damage to young people.

Maybe he should check behind the couch. I'm always losing stuff back there.

Always amazed seeing people able to sincerely apologize. I'm happy for him that he could be awakened.

I wonder how long it took him to realize and what about the damage he did to others by spreading lies? I hope he will find a way to do the atonement.

its easy to read "homosexual" esp in an english Bible, and take it literally, not realizing that a spiritual concept is being discussed, imo, similar to prophets gone a'whoring, wherein no prophets have gone in to actual whores?
"homosexual" is a poor xlation for arsenokoitai anyway imo; "bed kitten" or "hedonist" seems to fit better

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:380777
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.