Agnostic.com

13 3

What was the most embarrassing moment you had yet?

Mine was my niece accidentally broke the picture frame of my uncle besides the coffin at the funeral and I was devastated for what happened.

jamjam 3 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't get embarrassed, but if I could, I have plenty of opportunities.
A motorbike has been my transportation since I moved to Thailand in 2010.

Thai people teach their children to never mock people, or laugh at their misfortunes. One day, I pulled into the motorbike queue at a Thai gas station in Nakhon, Thailand, and started to hop off, but my slip-on sandal caught on the kickstand sending me flying onto my face, taking the motorbike with me so that it shot on its side across the ground, dragging me with it.

I was surrounded by horrified Thai and was fully expecting an explosion of laughter, followed by smart phones taking my picture to upload to the internet, as would be usual in the US.

Instead, people ran to help lift the motorbike off me, asking if I was OK. I looked around in disbelief..nobody cracked a smile or was having fun at my expense. I quietly filled the tank and drove off, while everyone acted like nothing had happened.

I was in line at a utility office, wanting to change over the address for my gas service because I was moving. When it was my turn, I explained to the clerk what I wanted to do and was told I'd have to pay another deposit and my last bill would be deducted from the depost already on account. This made no sense to me. I told the clerk I would pay the final amout and to just transfer the deposit to the new address for service (knowing full well that the final bill would be far less than even half the depost). The clerk refused and started getting snippy with me. All the while, the line behind me is growing, and I'm feeling bad about making people wait for me to resolve what should have been a really simple transaction. I asked for the clerk's supervisor, and as I waited, I could hear people behind me saying how stupid the situation was, and that I was right for wanting to transfer the depost. I turned and exchanged exasperated glances with several of the people in line.
While I was waiting, it suddenly dawned on me that the new apartment was all electric, I had no need of gas service. I was stuck. At that moment, the supervisor came to the counter. I was going all in, damn the torpedos. I repeated my objection to having to pay another depost, and when the supervisor said a depost transfer just couldn't be done, I said "Well then, I'll just do without gas service! Send the balance of the deposit to the new address after the final bill is paid." I turned and walked out to the other people in line agreeing and applauding. My face was beet red from embarrassment, but everyone thought it was anger. I felt like a complete ass.

I don't think breaking the picture frame was so bad. I was at a funeral and one of the attendees was so intoxicated he fell into the grave on to of the casket. That was a darkly embarrassing moment for him

yep i know but the old filipinos(my relatives especially) are too superstitious and think of it as a bad luck for having that kind of accident.

@jamjam I see now

Being ill and needing to get into a restroom fast. Heard a man come in and came out of the stall telling him to get out. Then realizing I was so out of it I had gone into the mens restroom

Being caught by my mother in law choking my chicken.

what the hell,

shit happens

My son wearing a kilt with a proper lack of underwear went to the main bar strip in town you know the area that always has packed sidewalks. Hed locked the keys in the car. I have a spare set but they are way hard to get to, it involves laying on your back sliding most of the way under the car and reaching up with your left hand and feeling around for a bit. This is difficult to do descreetly in a kilt.

I was teaching a class of intro to logic students (student instructor) walking up and down like Ted talk status. Then I tripped and ran into an empty desk. Tried to correct myself, fell over another desk and knocked like 2 or 3 over before finally correcting myself (all empty. No freshmen were harmed in the making of this movie). They asked if I was okay. I just said "well. That was neat."

In retrospect is was a good thing, it made the students way more relaxed around me And I embraced the silly joking nature. They came to me because the profs were too strict and they could relate to me in a way they couldn't with them. They attended instruction sessions and did very well!

Stayed overnight at a camping retreat in the rustic lodge with my husband. We had a hot night, and I heard some muted talking & giggling from outside. I looked up but the curtains looked solid - I couldn't see a thing, so we carried on. Later, we were outside and looking at the window, the bamboo curtain was like transparent from outside. OMG moment.

Getting caught inflagranti by her mom..

Oh.. "her" mom.. gotcha.

Been there. Definitely embarrassed.

I was interviewing for a job. The interviewer who came off as a first rate bitch came in to the waiting room to get me to lead me to where she was to interview me. As she was leading me to the spot I noticed this huge mirror above and made funny faces at the back of her head to relieve my anxiety and then realized she was watching me in the mirror above. Needless to say, I didn't get that job. It still cracks me up to this day, though, and I get a good laugh about it.

SamL Level 7 Mar 16, 2018

I was 21, not long married, lived on a main road. Got out of the shower ,late at night, and my ex yelled that our cat was on the road.
I raced down the steps, jumped the fence ran onto the road to get the cat. Lost the towell in the process, and the drive in theatre up the road had let out, cars everywhere with me stark naked running bwteen them to grab the cat.

Ha!

I walked out of the restroom at Walmart and walked all thru the store with toilet paper hanging out the back of my jeans. The worst part of it was, I was with my adult son and he never said anything. I realized the toilet paper was still attached when I got to my car after seeing my shadow on the ground with a long tail :-0 I was totally mortified.

Mine was years ago when I was doing my teaching internship. I had strattled a school desk in front of a female high school student. I did this so I would be seated and facing her to help her with her school work. The crotch of my pants completely ripped out. Luckily I was wearing underwear. The teacher had me go to the school nurse who sewed my pants up so I could get through the day.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38118
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.