Agnostic.com

5 6

Sewing Hong Kong finishing inside my jacket.

The unlined black jacket I'm making from "no-wale" corduroy frays terribly! An explosion of black fabric pieces everywhere. Even though I cut it out with pinking shears.

Now I am covering raw edges with Hong Kong finishing. Never did this before. What a production! Each seam has two raw edges. I'm getting faster.

For fun, I chose a contrasting color. Nobody will see the inside of the jacket but me.

Yesterday I tried on the jacket for Karen. I wanted to know if the back and front fit me properly.

"Oh, Kathleen!" Karen said. "It's beautiful! I love the fabric."

Glad to know I'm on the right track.

Photos: Jacket is inside out. The white is interfacing.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yup, definitely the type of fabric that has to have finished seams. It'll be so worth the work when it's finished though! I love the contrast!!

Your a very talented seamstress I am sure you will look fantastic in it

You are doing such a good job of it.

Love it, I have a friend who makes costumes for the film industry, so I know how much work is involved.

Nice work

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:382528
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.