Agnostic.com

18 4

Is it normal to dislike other people’s children? Not necessarily hate them, just dislike and get annoyed by them?

EmeraldJewel 7 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I dislike all kids, so, yes, it's normal.

Perfectly normal.

Isn't that how it usually goes?

Well, I don't care for people as a general rule. Kids are actually a little better than adults but not by much. Luckily I don't have to like someone to treat them well because I'm not a total asshole.

It's OK. Most of them grow up to be adults you don't like anyway.

My biased take is yes it is okay only because soo many gosh damn breeders should never have had kids to begin with if they cannot control or tame them in public places that they are running around and yelling as loud as possible at restaurants or on buses. I've encountered too many of these wild kid(s) with useless parent(s) that think their lil spawn being an annoying lil shit is somehow precious and endearing. blegh :/

Most certainly! They are in the process of learning to socialize, and they don't know the rules yet (i.e. a purer form of human, unencumbered by social norms). Couple that with the general expectation that the parents are to be teaching them these rules, and you have a recipe for disliking the parents on some level too!

A friend once asked me. "Do you like children ?" "I don't know, do you like adults ?"

Depends on how they’re cooked😉

Hahahaha

Yes it is! Children are annoying under most circumstances, unless you dote on them like parents do. See your friends with kids at adult functions only, for example, bars, or movies not rated "g".

Of course. As long as you don't hate them.

zesty Level 7 Aug 11, 2019

Of course! We don't like all people, children are people, thus....

I think it is, this topic can be a toss up on how you feel about kids, and how people's kids are. Bratty and Rude children are very annoying

Rude kids are annoying. I don’t see how their parents can just stand there and see their rudeness and not say a thing.

No but depends on parents if they are prejudiced Assholes they Will pass on to their kids

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 10, 2019

When my daughter Claire was five, she had a friend who was mentally slow. I didn't see what Claire saw in her. Her friend drove me nuts.

I was severely bored with the Candyland game. With this girl, it was torture.

"Now it's your turn," I told her again. "Pick up the dice. Throw them in the middle of the board. Now count the dots. One, two, three, four. Now pick up your piece. Yes, that one. Move it four spaces ahead. Like this...One, two, three, four..."

Every time it was her turn, we went through the same routine. Claire was quick at understanding games. This girl was slow as molasses.

I wanted to commit Hari-Kari in the middle of the playroom.

It is easy to see your frustration. I learned that there are people who do their best and those who just go through the motions. If this person was disabled then she was doing her best, that is all one can do. She probably liked the game because on some level it was familiar.

I feel that way. I have no desire to have children. I would get a vesectomy if I could afford it.

A vasectomy at Planned Parenthood will cost less th than $100, and you will be out the door in a half hour or less.

@AnneWimsey OMG! I can't believe you are telling him to have an aborshun! I hope you bern in HAIL! (This comment was typed in New Tymes Sarcastia Font, the only font to carry thick, viscous sarcasm suitable for dripping slowly)

@AnneWimsey I will keep that in mind and hopefully there is one close to my house. Thanks for the input.

Mmm I'm going against the grain here... slightly annoying yeah... dislike is strong for me . But hey that's me.

I am a teacher, yes, it is normal🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:386958
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.