Agnostic.com

8 0

if there is a god that has all this f!#%$g power to just make things pop up out of nothing and knows everything and is every where, then why having all this power let humans and other animals suffer and die and do nothing about it to stop it with power to do something about it? realy if we as humans know of one trying to comit sucide and do nothing about it we would be in trouble with the law! are we his puppets on a string or is he just freaking cruel? if their is a god then i don't want to be around a person like that or thinks like that! and if there isnt a god then i got through just fine without him. so f!$@# him didnt need him anyway!

openminded 4 Nov 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

because he is a complete and utter c*&t or its a load of shit

That’s why the the following quote by Epicurus makes so much sense “ if God is unable to prevent evil ,then he is not all powerful.If God is not willing to prevent evil,then he is not all good

To beat your brains out trying to prove god, or dis-prove one, is irrational. Believers and non-believers can't even speak the same language. Believers say "I planted an acorn, and an oak tree grew. What a miracle". I say plant an acorn, and a whale grows, now thats a miracle. See, you have to be speaking with the same set of rules in language, and believers can't do that. It won't work.

I think Wittgenstein was right. That which you can’t speak of meaningfully, you must relegate to silence. If god does exist, then it’s not fathomable by our consciousness. So, why care?

Hypothetical: All of humanity is leaving Earth. As a parting shot, they genetically modify some species that in time will evlove to take the place of humans. As one of the humans who modified this species, would you observe and not interfere with their development, or would you be constantly interfering? In essence, would you give them free will or not?

P.S. This is akin to Star Trek's Prime Directive of non-interference.

@silvereyes Okay

Its a real pisser to find out you've been taken all these years. But hey, you got the answers now. I admit i enjoyed the company of many men and women while i attended church. I miss them, but i have to move on and make new friends now. Friends that understand me and my way of life. Im very grateful that I've had the opportunity to read the comments on this forum. Good stuff.

I miss the socialization of Church.

To wake one day and realize, theres nothing out there. Was scarey, and extremely liberating. Went to my best friend and told her, and she said Hank, you knew that all along. To the ones that led me to be a believer, they were doing the best they knew, meant no harm. To the believers that are still friends and family, well...politics and religions are rarely discussed. Other interest are shared with love. Good luck with your life.

maybe we can start an agnostic/athiest for socialization! now that would be some funny shit

You should perhaps ask how anyone ever got you to believe that there is some form of creature out there who can manage all of the infinite information in the entire cosmos and somehow give a shit about specific details. That's like you being able to control every anthill on the planet times a bazillion. How is it that anyone able to do that would care about every single ant? Wouldn't you just play in a sand castle or something?

If there is a higher power, they are a tortuous sort.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.