Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK What It's Really Like to Be Sober Curious: When an Alcohol "Break" Becomes Permanent

I just found this interesting, I haven’t even tried alcohol since being a teen. Anyone else see a great business opportunity here?

cimoore34 7 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A guy recently tried to start a Meetup group around this issue. He named it Sober Des Moines and it got up to 50 members registered on Meetup. However, like most Meetup groups, when it came to finally meeting together, only 6 people showed, even after the leader solicited lots of input on what fit with people's schedules the best. We had a good discussion at the one meeting, but then the leader dropped out soon after, so the group died. I think he was just ahead of the curve too much. Social drinking is such a central part of social life here, esp. among singles. That's why I started lying on my dating profiles, saying I was a social drinker, because I'm tired of being rejected, among other reasons, because listing myself as a non-drinker is taken by cynical women on dating sites as meaning that I have to be a recovering alcoholic or a judgemental teetotaler, neither of which I am.

they don't mention the beneficial effects of alcohol. since it's an oxidant it destroys cancer cells. there are many ppl alive today b/c the oxidants from alcohol zapped a cancer cell before it could become a tumor.

Interesting that she does not see that she was a person with a drinking problem. And yes, business opportunities galore here.

Problem drinkers Never see......when she talked about bad feelings the next day, what a red flag!

@AnneWimsey yes that is true.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:388169
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.