Agnostic.com

7 0

LINK The slow-motion crucifixion of Julian Assange

It is really incredible how the governments of civilised countries have treating Mr Assange.

Assange v Swedish Prosecution Authority
[en.wikipedia.org]

Collateralmurder=> [collateralmurder.wikileaks.org]

PontifexMarximus 8 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In June 2019 the Uppsala District Court denied a request to have Assange detained and thereby prevented Assange's extradition to Sweden. It said the Swedish investigation did not require Assange's presence in Sweden and the prosecutor said she intended issuing a European Investigation Order to interview Assange instead.

I am glad that people here react. Though it's mainly the conservative minds that comment. But nonetheless.

Ummm, I am, and have been for about 60 years, a "flaming liberal". Your ASSumptions about me are as uninformed as your defense of Assange.

If you've read anything I've ever written here, you might have seen me defending the record of Presidents Clinton and Obama, whilst pointing out the flaws in the Republican philosophy of "tax the poor so tax breaks for the rich can trickle down". Yes, I'm clearly very conservative.

The fact that Wikileaks chose to release information damaging to Hilary Clinton's campaign, on a schedule which seemed suspiciously coordinated to help the trump campaign by diverting any attention from real policy issues, might explain a little bit of my animosity here as well.

And then there's the way his site highlighted American inhumanities (which, don't get me wrong, we're not perfect and when we fuck up, we should admit it) while ignoring the much more pervasive crimes of his sponsors, the Russian government- who have flat out murdered dissidents at home and abroad, while effectively outlawing all opposition parties by striking their candidates on alleged "irregularities" in their petitions to get on the ballots. Gee- it's almost as if they're afraid to bite the hand that's feeding them... and that hand wanted Trump to win, and wants him to win some more, and wants the ruling clique in Russia to keep ruling.... would that hand belong to Vladimir Putin?

@Paul4747 I was not questioning you, just the idiot on this thread (PontifexMarximus) whose heart bleeds for Assange, instead of seeing he was clearly a tool of Putin/drump

@AnneWimsey I'm sorry it came over as replying to you, that's one of the buggy things about this site. I actually replied to his post.
I know you and I have disagreed about some things, Anne, in degree if not in kind, but on this one we are united.

@AnneWimsey Oh, I thought you were well educated …

@PontifexMarximus I can use Google, etc to check FACTS as opposed to believing what I hear on Fox & Fb........

People who carefully think about the case understand that his case indicated that we are living a real crisis of democratic and legal principles.

Oh please, he fled after being indicted....because that's what innocent people do......

Like any other common criminal? Not really that incredible.

What crimes has he been convicted of?

@PontifexMarximus Considering he's been hiding from prosecution? A better question is, what has he been charged with? And the answers are out there for any who care to read the news.

@Paul4747 If you read carefully what happened, you realise that there was never any real case against him.

According to the legal principal of the presumption of innocence he is not a criminal as you call him.

@PontifexMarximus indicted/arraigned on child molestation charges...fled to Ecuadorian Embassy in London where he stayed 100% of the time for 5 years(would have been immediately seized & extradited if he stepped over the threshold). Embassy finally kicked him out. Google it!

@PontifexMarximus he was indicted.

@AnneWimsey He was accused … and then the prosecutor dropped the charges. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to travel to England.
The alleged victims didn't even press charges.
This whole affair was constructed under pressure from the US who were desperate to get him.
Even under Obama the ultra-aggressive military grey eminence played their game.

@PontifexMarximus the charges were not dropped until After he cowered in the Ecuadorian Embassy for 5 years....waiting for the child involved to grow up & choose to move on. He was INDICTED!

@AnneWimsey Before he left Sweden there were no formal charges. He had also offered to assist by being questioned by Swedish prosecutors while he was under house arrest in England. This is a very common practice. But the Swedish prosecutor did not do so.

@PontifexMarximus ummm, obviously you have not Googled it, he was INDICTED. maybe look up the definition of "indicted" as well?

@PontifexMarximus the US was "out to get him" Before he became a Facebook tool of the Russians? Really?

@AnneWimsey
The title is: Assange v Swedish Prosecution Authority
[en.wikipedia.org]

@PontifexMarximus Fine, any common indicted criminal. He will stand trial for receiving and releasing stolen, classified information, just like Chelsea Manning did. Although he plausibly could be put on trial as a foreign agent as well, considering that he seems to have done the bidding of the Russian government in the last elections.

@PontifexMarximus your link doesn't work.....

@AnneWimsey Where did you get the child molestation from?

@PontifexMarximus The original arrest about 6 years ago, actually a 12 (?) Year old girl he raped, Swiss charges.

I'm not a fan.

You don't have to be a fan. This is a case that goes far beyond Julian Assange.

This Russian shill is not worthy of anyone's pity! Every week, "next week I will bury Hilary", then the next week, same crapola. "THE BOY WHO CRIED W9LF", anyone? More lies and promoting mass hysteria than I formerly believed possible. Oh, and Swiss child molestation charges, cringing in the London Ecuadirian embassy for 5 years, after being indicted, to evade the charges? (Until they threw him out, and about time).

Now we are also involving Switzerland and children?

@PontifexMarximus All part of the lovely Mr. Assange's profile. Google it! The real question is, why are you so awed by this Scum?

Initially I had mixed feelings. Now I definitely like him!

zesty Level 7 Aug 13, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:388200
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.