Agnostic.com

2 0

Does anyone else like cooking for their own pleasure?

I know a lot of people have issues about cooking for one. How common is it on here? Do you live on frozen food? or do you cook a feast and eat leftovers the rest of the week like I often do? Tonight I made a large pot of Corned-beef and cabbage. Delicious! And I will be eating it for the next few days!

Barnie2years 8 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hear you. Though in my case, some things I cook can be divided and frozen. I did eat my own Rattatoille for days last summer. That was a combination of bargain roadside organic veggies and too much creativity in the kitchen. I froze some too, I make large batches of soup and freeze regularly, but I don't stockpile, so it's really eating the same thing over a longer period of time, just not every day.
Frozen meals are a nutritional and economic nightmare. I prepare my own food, but sometimes use frozen or canned food to save time and energy. I eat salad often. (No, not anything you get in a take out carton or barely at a salad bar.)

Yeah "and I will be eating it for the next few days" pretty much sums up my personal malfunction with cooking, even for two people. It's hard to cook for just a meal or two, and hard to eat the same thing for a week.

My stepson loves to cook, and now and then, when he's home with us as he'll be for the next year following college, he commandeers the kitchen and regals us with ... well, all sorts of things we shouldn't be eating. Which can be the other problem. But man I love his to-die-for mac and cheese. Truly a worthy evil.

That’s what freezers are for! I still have pork and sauerkraut from New Years to heat up from time to time. Turkey soup too. I have a cabbage vegetable soup I have been eating for a few days that I will ptobably freeze for another time. So I seldom eat out and rarely eat readymade food.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38823
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.