Agnostic.com

6 5

We gotta change how we look at things

Sometimes the universe gives you a nudge and you gotta recognize. When my life turned to crap 20 years ago I absolutely cried trying to "right" things and get back on the so-called normal path. ::buzzer sound::

All that did was lead to humiliation and almost my death. Turns out I couldn't rebuild until I addressed my weaknesses ... and reevaluated myself again after repairs. That ultimately turned my life's goals completely around and made me actually thank those life changes for the gifts they presented.

I was granted a vision that most don't see so early in life.This let me refashion my inner self based on a new foundation of knowledge, education, and experience instead of that old origin - fear and unknown.

Frankly, I wouldn't trade where I'm at today for any of the other possible outcomes of my life. This has been the right path for me and that torturous gauntlet was a necessary hazard of my road.

namaste

JeffMesser 8 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can relate to this. I got "broken open" by life some years back and it's put me on a journey of understanding and discovery, having to accept some hard truths about myself. At first I fought it, which made things that much harder, until I was finally able to start seeing that maybe there was something to be learned from these experiences. I'm still learning, all the time, and I'm appreciating it more and more.

But you don't know what the other possible outcomes are/were. You might assume a few but we never know the totality or finality of the infinite possible outcomes from the infinite choices/paths we didn’t take at any given moment. For every choice/action we do there is an infinite field of choices that we don’t choice and we can’t/don’t know those outcomes.

My hardest time of my life emtionally, lead to the greatest career. It was horrible, but my now is incredible.

Not sure what you mean.  Sounds like religious mumbo jumbo to me

So if YOU don't understand it then it's "religious mumbo jumbo"?

How does that make you any different than those "I don't understand so it must be god" people???

Sounds to me like you "found" religion.

found philosophy. not sure that it's religion. it's more like 'you religions go about doing what you do because we're all of the same destiny anyway so your little distraction is of no consequence"

@JeffMesser And you know this how?

@Jolanta pure conjecture. a vision I see in my head of the ways 2 particles across the universe might be entangled on a quantum level and violate the EPR paradox while meeting descriptions offered in the upanishads.

Thanks for your courage and openness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:388392
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.