Agnostic.com

24 2

Who is your favorite comedian and why? (Could be believer or non)

GoodMan 7 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

George Carlin because of his clear and intelligent routines about god. He made me laugh out loud SO many times.

I've heard of him, though I must admit; at the moment I'm drawing a blank of his work. I'll check him out.

George Carlin. He always questioned why people do what they do as societal norms. Like "pre-boarding" a plane.

George Carlin. He was and still is the funniest man I have ever seen in concert live.

George Carlin because he's amazing.

George Carlin is the one most mentioned here. I’ll watch him on youtube ????????

@GoodMan look up When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops. It's a good book.

@sparklemuffin Will do thanks

Louis C.K. because he somehow makes "taboo" jokes inoffensive, and Sarah Silverman because of the pure randomness.

?? Sarah Silverman . Don’t know Louis CK

Ricky Gervais!

It was George Carlin.

Lewis Black because he is the personification of my anger (and literally in Inside Out lol).

Really, “The personification of your anger.” Woosaw ????

Doug Stanhope, Hicks, Carlin, Lenny Bruce

George Carlin.

It's a tie between Richard Pryor (Later Years) and George W. Bush (Presidency Years) Richard because he could take a serious subject and spin it in such a way where I would laugh so hard it hurt. And George because he was such a bungling nitwit, that I was forced to either laugh or cry and I chose laughter.

Pryor was awesome. One of my favorite current comedians, Paul Mooney, write a lot of Pryor's stuff. Haha, GWB was quite a character.

I'm a big fan of Dave Chappell, I loved his Netflix stand up after being away so long, his take on life just cracks me up

Arj Barker; John Fugelsang; Wanda Sykes; Amy Schumer; Bill Hicks
There are a few comedians that I really liked after they started doing T.V., Like Gary Shandling and Bill Maher.

I have two favs, Jim Jefferies and Stephen Lynch.

Jim Jefferies, Bill Burr, and Louis CK. All of them have a pessimistic style of humor that I relate to and find hilarious.

Stephen Fry. He's funny, intelligent, witty, an excellent actor and voiceover artist, and his campaigns for charity and social awareness actually seem sincere.

I think you’re the first to mention Stephen Fry. I’ll have to check him out ????????

Doug Stanhope. He's the most irreverent, his view on mental health is right on, and he's just funny as hell!

I’ll have to check him out ????????

Louis CK, because...well, I think like him, or at least the "him" he portrays on stage. His "why would anything nice happen?" thing is how I talk in my head. I know, it's sad. Richard Pryor, because when I was a kid I used to have to sneak around to watch/listen to him and it was great fun. Steve Martin, because he's super smart IRL but he always does the most goofball stuff ever, also nostalgia factor from growing up with his movies and specials.

Not familiar with Louis CK, but I love Pryor and Martin.

Either Bill Hicks or George Carlin for obvious reasons.

Mojo Level 2 Sep 30, 2017

Bill Burr, Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy. Not that they have a lot of material on religion, but doesn't matter.

Oliver is amazing, i do really like Sarah Silverman she is amazing.
Dave Chapelle, Gabriel Iglesiasm, Louis CK,Jim Jeffries, so many good comedians.

George Carlin (as if there’s a question)!

Carlin, Robin Williams, Bill Maher. In that order

Ryon Level 1 Dec 8, 2017

stephen colbert dennis leary george carlin

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.